TrueBeam™ STx for Lung Tumors
TrueBeam STx painlessly delivers precise beams of radiation to tumors and lesions, without requiring incisions, hospitalization, or long recovery time. It can serve as an effective lung cancer treatment and is an especially good option for patients with complex tumors or patients who prefer a non-invasive way to treat their cancer.
Gaurav Marwaha, M.D. is a Radiologist Oncologist. Dr. Marwaha received his medical doctorate from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in Cincinnati, Ohio. He completed his residency in radiation oncology at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio, where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Marwaha specializes in treating chest tumors, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, mediastinal tumors, and mesothelioma with radiation therapy. His main clinical and research interests are in the use of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for the treatment of lung tumors and metastases. Dr. Marwaha is a member of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), the American Board of Radiology (ABR), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), and the American Brachytherapy Society (ABS). In his spare time, Dr. Marwaha enjoys athletics, acoustic guitar, globetrotting, and spending time with his wife.
Key Advantages of Stereotactic RadioSurgery for Lung Tumors
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits, depending on tumor size, volume, and location
- Constantly corrects for patient/tumor movement throughout treatment, ensuring radiation beams are always locked on tumor during treatment
- Respiratory tracking feature requires no breath-holding or respiratory gating by patient
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target while limiting radiation exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Outpatient procedure, little or no recovery time and minimal side effects
- Requires no anesthesia
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities
Speak with one of our dedicated team members about how we can help today.