Clinical Trials & Research
The links below provide additional research and clinical trials information about TrueBeam™ STx and stereotactic radiosurgery. As a academic institution Rush offers a variety of clinical trials. To learn more, please visit clinicaltrials.gov or contact us at (312) 942-4600.
To view abstracts of clinical research papers co-authored by our physicians, click the buttons below.
- A PROSPECTIVE EVALUATION OF MULTI-PARAMETRIC MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (mpMRI) GUIDED STEREOTACTIC BODY RADIATION TREATMENT FOR LOCALIZED PROSTATE CANCER. Wang D, Turian J, Shors S, Braun R, White GM, Chen M, Pfanzelter N, Showel JL, Deng Y.2016 July 20
- A Phase IIR/III Trial of Standard of Care Therapy with or without Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and/or Surgical Ablation for Newly Oligometastatic Breast Cancer. Chmura S, White JR, Salama JK, Al-Hallaq H, Borges VF, Matuszak M, Woodward WA, Milano MT, Jaskowiak N, Okrent K, Winter K, Grant D, Bandos H, Bergantz W, McNulty S.2016 January 12
- High-Grade Glioma Relationship to the Neural Stem Cell Compartment: A Retrospective Review of 104 Cases. Marsh JC, Wendt JA, Herskovic AM, Diaz A, Gielda BT, Byrne RW. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 May 16
- Sparing of the hippocampus, limbic circuit and neural stem cell compartment during partial brain radiotherapy for glioma: a dosimetric feasibility study. Marsh JC, Godbole R, Diaz AZ, Gielda BT, Turian JV. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2011 Aug 55(4):442-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9485.2011.02282.x.
- Health related quality of life and cognitive status in patients with glioblastoma multiforme receiving escalating doses of conformal three dimensional radiation on RTOG 98-03. Corn BW, Wang M, Fox S, Michalski J, Purdy J, Simpson J, Kresl J, Curran WJ Jr, Diaz A, Mehta M, Movsas B J Neurooncol 2009 Nov 95(2):247-57
- The effect of a limited number of projections and reconstruction algorithms on the image quality of megavoltage digital tomosynthesis. Sarkar V, Shi C, Rassiah-Szegedi P, Diaz A, Eng T, Papanikolaou N J Appl Clin Med Phys 2009 May 28 10(3):2970
- Phase I three-dimensional conformal radiation dose escalation study in newly diagnosed glioblastoma: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Trial 98-03. Tsien C, Moughan J, Michalski JM, Gilbert MR, Purdy J, Simpson J, Kresel JJ, Curran WJ, Diaz A, Mehta MP; Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Trial 98-03 Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009 Mar 1 73(3):699-708
- Predictors of IMRT and Conformal Radiotherapy Use in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A SEER-Medicare Analysis. Sher DJ, Neville BA, Chen AB, Schrag D. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 May 17
- Clinical Utility of 4D FDG-PET/CT Scans in Radiation Treatment Planning. Aristophanous M, Berbeco RI, Killoran JH, Yap JT, Sher DJ, Allen AM, Larson E, Chen AB. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Mar 4
- Primary radiotherapy versus radical prostatectomy for high-risk prostate cancer: A decision analysis. Parikh R, Sher DJ. Cancer. 2011 Jun 30 doi: 10.1002/cncr.26272
- Survival outcomes after radiation therapy for stage III non-small-cell lung cancer after adoption of computed tomography-based simulation. Chen AB, Neville BA, Sher DJ, Chen K, Schrag D. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Jun 10 29(17):2305-11
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy and Radiofrequency Ablation for Medically Inoperable, Early-Stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Sher DJ, Wee JO, Punglia RS. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Feb 10
- Relationship Between Radiation Treatment Time and Overall Survival After Induction Chemotherapy for Locally Advanced Head-and-Neck Carcinoma: A Subset Analysis of TAX 324. Sher DJ, Posner MR, Tishler RB, Sarlis NJ, Haddad RI, Holupka EJ, Devlin PM. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Feb 10
- Efficacy and toxicity of chemoradiotherapy using intensity-modulated radiotherapy for unknown primary of head and neck. Sher DJ, Balboni TA, Haddad RI, Norris CM Jr, Posner MR, Wirth LJ, Goguen LA, Annino D, Tishler RB. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Aug 1 80(5):1405-11
- Treatment of Oral Cavity Squamous Cell Carcinoma with Adjuvant or Definitive Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy. Sher DJ, Thotakura V, Balboni TA, Norris CM Jr, Haddad RI, Posner MR, Lorch J, Goguen LA, Annino DJ, Tishler RB. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Apr 29
- Efficacy and toxicity of reirradiation using intensity-modulated radiotherapy for recurrent or second primary head and neck cancer. Sher DJ, Haddad RI, Norris CM Jr, Posner MR, Wirth LJ, Goguen LA, Annino D, Balboni T, Allen A, Tishler RB. Cancer. 2010 Oct 15 116(20):4761-8.
- Cost-effectiveness studies in radiation therapy. Sher DJ. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2010 Oct 10(5):567-82
- Cost-effectiveness of CT and PET-CT for determining the need for adjuvant neck dissection in locally advanced head and neck cancer. Sher DJ, Tishler RB, Annino D, Punglia RS. Ann Oncol. 2010 May 21(5):1072-7
- Absence of relationship between steroid hormone levels and prostate cancer tumor grade. Sher DJ, Mantzoros C, Jacobus S, Regan MM, Lee GS, Oh WK. Urology. 2009 Feb 73(2):356-61; discussion 361-2
- Relationship between serum adiponectin and prostate cancer grade. Sher DJ, Oh WK, Jacobus S, Regan MM, Lee GS, Mantzoros C. Prostate. 2008 Oct 1 68(14):1592-8.
- Validation of EORTC prognostic factors for adults with low-grade glioma: a report using intergroup 86-72-51. Daniels TB, Brown PD, Felten SJ, Wu W, Buckner JC, Arusell RM, Curran WJ, Abrams RA, Schiff D, Shaw EG. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011 Sep 1 81(1):218-24
- Intracranial metastatic disease spares the limbic circuit: a review of 697 metastatic lesions in 107 patients. Marsh JC, Herskovic AM, Gielda BT, Hughes FF, Hoeppner T, Turian J, Abrams RA Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010 Feb 1 76(2):504-12
- Review and commentary on the role of radiation therapy in the adjuvant management of pancreatic cancer . Shah AP, Strauss JB, Abrams RA Am J Clin Oncol 2010 Feb 33(1):101-6
- Evaluation of four volume-based image registration algorithms. Zhang Y, Chu JC, Hsi W, Khan AJ, Mehta PS, Bernard DB, Abrams RA Med Dosim 2009 Winter 34(4):317-22
- Application of holographic display in radiotherapy treatment planning II: a multi-institutional study. Chu JCh, Gong X, Cai Y, Kirk MC, Zusag TW, Shott S, Rivard MJ, Melhus CS, Cardarelli G, Hurley A, Hepel JT, Napoli J, Stutsman S, Abrams RA J Appl Clin Med Phys 2009 May 28 10(3):2902
- Elective clinical target volumes for conformal therapy in anorectal cancer: a radiation therapy oncology group consensus panel contouring atlas. Myerson RJ, Garofalo MC, El Naqa I, Abrams RA, Apte A, Bosch WR, Das P, Gunderson LL, Hong TS, Kim JJ, Willett CG, Kachnic LA Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2009 Jul 1 74(3):824-30
- Combined modality treatment of resectable and borderline resectable pancreas cancer: expert consensus statement. Abrams RA, Lowy AM, O’Reilly EM, Wolff RA, Picozzi VJ, Pisters PW Ann Surg Oncol 2009 Jul 16(7):1751-6
- Long term disease-free survival resulting from combined modality management of patients presenting with oligometastatic, non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC). Khan AJ, Mehta PS, Zusag TW, Bonomi PD, Penfield Faber L, Shott S, Abrams RA Radiother Oncol 2006 Nov 81(2):163-7
- Adjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer: current status, future directions. Regine WF, Abrams RA Semin Oncol 2006 Dec 33(6 Suppl 11):S10-3
- A Prospective Evaluation of Multi-Parametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mpMRI) Guided Stereotactic Body Radiation Treatment for Localized Prostate Cancer Wang, D., Turian, J., Shors, S., Braun, R., White, G., Chen, M., Pfanzelter, N., Showel, J., Deng, Y. 2016 May 23
Speak with one of our dedicated team members about how we can help today.